Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

General Discussion about electric vehicles.
Bartosh   100 W

100 W
Posts: 130
Joined: May 10 2017 3:32pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by Bartosh » Feb 29 2020 9:16am

larsb wrote:
Feb 29 2020 8:55am
When i set tro to set mor than 9960 the value is not stored. I don’t think you can get higher.

Question is if it’s also relative to max battery current?
It may be. I measured both separately. Ramping could've been affected but I'm not sure... might have been the result of lowering the pA alone.
How do you measure? Seems difficult to get a stable value.
Amp meter with max val option, WOT and rolling. 300 bA is about 300 A measured. 9999 pA is about 360 A RMS measured so close enough for me.

Bartosh   100 W

100 W
Posts: 130
Joined: May 10 2017 3:32pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by Bartosh » Feb 29 2020 9:28am

larsb wrote:
Feb 29 2020 8:55am
I think rms value is not correct since it’s three phase.
We need the peak value so rms times sqrt 2.

larsb   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1804
Joined: Dec 10 2014 5:12am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by larsb » Feb 29 2020 12:31pm

it’s about 500A peak phase amplitude? Then i guess it’s proportional to battery current since you’re over the nominal current at 300A battery.
Ride on!

rexfordk83   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 23
Joined: Feb 25 2020 7:09pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by rexfordk83 » Mar 01 2020 10:35pm

I know most people run the qs 138 mid motor + em150sp at 20s(84v) , after talking with Harry at qs he did say that set up can actually handle 21s(88v) has anyone went this high with no problems? My concern would be volt spike from regen or back emf ! Not sure if the controller is already set up with that protection already..

Out of the votol controllers what does everyone recommend with 138motor at this time ?

rexfordk83   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 23
Joined: Feb 25 2020 7:09pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by rexfordk83 » Mar 01 2020 11:21pm

This is what one of the experts that works with qs and votol controller said to me of the difference between the S and the SP versions

“ em150sp is em150s controller, p means by from us.(SIA/QSMOTOR).
In last year, there has em150s with higher phase current, however, it burnt out easily, then higher phase current version of em150s controller is not available anymore.”

larsb   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1804
Joined: Dec 10 2014 5:12am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by larsb » Mar 02 2020 12:29am

Ok, that’s clear then. It matches well that the higher current controller disappeared from votol homepage also a while ago.

100v parts can be ok up to 22-23S so 21S should not be a problem. Charging to 4.0-4.1V instead of 4.2 is a good idea to save batteries and give margin.

Who is the QS expert?
Ride on!

SilverLine   100 W

100 W
Posts: 178
Joined: Oct 09 2017 2:53pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by SilverLine » Mar 02 2020 1:33pm

larsb wrote:
Mar 02 2020 12:29am
Ok, that’s clear then. It matches well that the higher current controller disappeared from votol homepage also a while ago.

100v parts can be ok up to 22-23S so 21S should not be a problem. Charging to 4.0-4.1V instead of 4.2 is a good idea to save batteries and give margin.

Who is the QS expert?
This is very interesting. I would love more power. Going from 20s to 22s, and only charging the batteries to 4.0v pr cell, could be a nice solution. This will only give 88v "fully" charged, vs. 84v on 20s. And at the same time it would bring the lifespan up, and give me some more power / distance / capacity. Since most of the charge is between 4v-3.6v, I would not loose a lot.

rexfordk83   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 23
Joined: Feb 25 2020 7:09pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by rexfordk83 » Mar 03 2020 10:39pm

larsb wrote:
Mar 02 2020 12:29am
Ok, that’s clear then. It matches well that the higher current controller disappeared from votol homepage also a while ago.

100v parts can be ok up to 22-23S so 21S should not be a problem. Charging to 4.0-4.1V instead of 4.2 is a good idea to save batteries and give margin.

Who is the QS expert?

Just one of the qs dealers I’ve been bugging for the last 3 weeks asking him 1000 questions about this motor setup. I just order from him a couple days ago.

I plan on doing something crazy, putting 2 of these(138,em150sp) in my sons power wheel.
Of course I weld a extended frame and go kart slicks etc.. it’s more of a video skit I want to make! racing my dads corvette for you tube, and making it look like my 2 year old is driving it.

Here is the idea, I know I’m going to get it from people!!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FxNZs ... IiJ0FcFSFH


https://www.ebay.com/i/184070592304?chn ... d8QAvD_BwE

larsb   1 MW

1 MW
Posts: 1804
Joined: Dec 10 2014 5:12am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by larsb » Mar 03 2020 11:32pm

Nice idea, i doubt you’ll need two motors though. That chassi won’t like high speeds so you can gear a single motor to 40mph and do all the drifting you want.

I’d rather buy burnout tyres that creates pink smoke for the second motor money :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
https://highway-max-coloured-smoke-us.m ... s/14-tyres
Ride on!

rexfordk83   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 23
Joined: Feb 25 2020 7:09pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by rexfordk83 » Mar 04 2020 2:31pm

larsb wrote:
Mar 03 2020 11:32pm
Nice idea, i doubt you’ll need two motors though. That chassi won’t like high speeds so you can gear a single motor to 40mph and do all the drifting you want.

I’d rather buy burnout tyres that creates pink smoke for the second motor money :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
https://highway-max-coloured-smoke-us.m ... s/14-tyres

Good idea!!
I’ve always had a problem with over doing things, cAnt help it. I was going to add 1” steel tube all around the frame and put 13”x6.5 slicks in the front and dual 13”x6.5 side by side in the back. And gear it real tall since all that tq.

I really was just going to give it a try It and film it , then most likely take motor out and build a off-road scooter/ dirtbike using a skateboard long deck for flex and light weight

crf150rb   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 13
Joined: Feb 12 2020 9:08pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by crf150rb » Mar 04 2020 7:23pm

Hey sorry newbie question I just recieved my em150sp and 3000w motor. I installed the software and drivers. when I press connect it says communication abnormal no response or it says random jibberish. Any ideas? Thanks.

User avatar
Kotov.aleksander   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Mar 05 2020 5:04am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by Kotov.aleksander » Mar 05 2020 7:15am

Hello! This is my first post. I want to apologize for my bad English.
I have a kit of a 2000W 120 70H motor and an EM-100SP controller, a 60V 60A battery. The problem is this: when I turn the full throttle, the motor starts to twitch, the speed increases and control is lost, you can stop only by disconnecting from the battery. This happens at the factory setting. My friend has exactly the same problem, we bought sets at the same time.

Here is what I have already tried to do:
0. Read all pages of this topic
1. Changed the settings to those that the Chinese sent me (did not help)
2. Checked the motor on another controller, not VOTOL (the motor works fine)
3. Wiring done correctly
4. Measured the throttle limits and entered the parameters into the controller (tried several throttle handles)
5. Understood with almost all the settings in the controller, including the right pop-up window with weak flux calibration (stopped losing control after a full throttle but the motor did not stop twitching)

I ask you to:
1. Optimal settings for this motor and controller (only SP version) if someone has already configured
2. What should be if you connect the brown wire to the ground (4.. A key repair)
3. Why in the DISPLAY window do not show the correct temperature of the motor and controller 100 degrees (when you enter the calibration mode of the motor the temperature is correct)


Loss of control and jerking (first start video):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H4_pN ... k_4PA3-OrD
Video after my attempts to fix
the problem:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H0blgd ... sp=sharing

Settings on which everything should "work" ))):
0219 QS 120 No P.ini
(485 Bytes) Downloaded 30 times


Brown wire:
IMG_9085.jpg
IMG_9085.jpg (155.68 KiB) Viewed 1020 times
instagram @kotovaleksander

crf150rb   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 13
Joined: Feb 12 2020 9:08pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by crf150rb » Mar 05 2020 7:30am

Kotov.aleksander wrote:
Mar 05 2020 7:15am
Hello! This is my first post. I want to apologize for my bad English.
I have a kit of a 2000W 120 70H motor and an EM-100SP controller, a 60V 60A battery. The problem is this: when I turn the full throttle, the motor starts to twitch, the speed increases and control is lost, you can stop only by disconnecting from the battery. This happens at the factory setting. My friend has exactly the same problem, we bought sets at the same time.

Here is what I have already tried to do:
0. Read all pages of this topic
1. Changed the settings to those that the Chinese sent me (did not help)
2. Checked the motor on another controller, not VOTOL (the motor works fine)
3. Wiring done correctly
4. Measured the throttle limits and entered the parameters into the controller (tried several throttle handles)
5. Understood with almost all the settings in the controller, including the right pop-up window with weak flux calibration (stopped losing control after a full throttle but the motor did not stop twitching)

I ask you to:
1. Optimal settings for this motor and controller (only SP version) if someone has already configured
2. What should be if you connect the brown wire to the ground (4.. A key repair)
3. Why in the DISPLAY window do not show the correct temperature of the motor and controller 100 degrees (when you enter the calibration mode of the motor the temperature is correct)


Loss of control and jerking (first start video):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H4_pN ... k_4PA3-OrD
Video after my attempts to fix
the problem:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H0blgd ... sp=sharing

Settings on which everything should "work" ))):
0219 QS 120 No P.ini

Brown wire:
IMG_9085.jpg
Is the hall sensor plugged in?

User avatar
Kotov.aleksander   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Mar 05 2020 5:04am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by Kotov.aleksander » Mar 05 2020 7:47am

crf150rb wrote:
Mar 04 2020 7:23pm
Hey sorry newbie question I just recieved my em150sp and 3000w motor. I installed the software and drivers. when I press connect it says communication abnormal no response or it says random jibberish. Any ideas? Thanks.
if the controller is turned on and everything is connected according to the instructions then check the soldering of wires to the usb controller. I had a short circuit CAN wires
D4CD81DF-1019-45D3-82FE-CE8B1E7C963F.jpeg
D4CD81DF-1019-45D3-82FE-CE8B1E7C963F.jpeg (20.86 KiB) Viewed 1012 times
instagram @kotovaleksander

crf150rb   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 13
Joined: Feb 12 2020 9:08pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by crf150rb » Mar 05 2020 9:05am

if the controller is turned on and everything is connected according to the instructions then check the soldering of wires to the usb controller. I had a short circuit CAN wiresD4CD81DF-1019-45D3-82FE-CE8B1E7C963F.jpeg
[/quote]

Thanks will try when I get home
Is there any indication that the controller is on? Fsr I think it is not on even though it is connected properly

SilverLine   100 W

100 W
Posts: 178
Joined: Oct 09 2017 2:53pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by SilverLine » Mar 05 2020 9:28am

Kotov.aleksander wrote:
Mar 05 2020 7:15am
Hello! This is my first post. I want to apologize for my bad English.
I have a kit of a 2000W 120 70H motor and an EM-100SP controller, a 60V 60A battery. The problem is this: when I turn the full throttle, the motor starts to twitch, the speed increases and control is lost, you can stop only by disconnecting from the battery. This happens at the factory setting. My friend has exactly the same problem, we bought sets at the same time.

Here is what I have already tried to do:
0. Read all pages of this topic
1. Changed the settings to those that the Chinese sent me (did not help)
2. Checked the motor on another controller, not VOTOL (the motor works fine)
3. Wiring done correctly
4. Measured the throttle limits and entered the parameters into the controller (tried several throttle handles)
5. Understood with almost all the settings in the controller, including the right pop-up window with weak flux calibration (stopped losing control after a full throttle but the motor did not stop twitching)

I ask you to:
1. Optimal settings for this motor and controller (only SP version) if someone has already configured
2. What should be if you connect the brown wire to the ground (4.. A key repair)
3. Why in the DISPLAY window do not show the correct temperature of the motor and controller 100 degrees (when you enter the calibration mode of the motor the temperature is correct)


Loss of control and jerking (first start video):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H4_pN ... k_4PA3-OrD
Video after my attempts to fix
the problem:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H0blgd ... sp=sharing

Settings on which everything should "work" ))):
0219 QS 120 No P.ini

Brown wire:
IMG_9085.jpg
Is this only on the bench ?? Full throttle without load, is not very healthy for motor / controller, and could result in desync

User avatar
Kotov.aleksander   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Mar 05 2020 5:04am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by Kotov.aleksander » Mar 05 2020 9:47am

SilverLine wrote:
Mar 05 2020 9:28am
Is this only on the bench ?? Full throttle without load, is not very healthy for motor / controller, and could result in desync
Yes, no load, but I thought you can not for long). The seller from China sent me the settings that I posted above and said that everything should work as in this video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wcb9VI ... p=drivesdk
mine doesn't work like that
instagram @kotovaleksander

SilverLine   100 W

100 W
Posts: 178
Joined: Oct 09 2017 2:53pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by SilverLine » Mar 05 2020 9:53am

Kotov.aleksander wrote:
Mar 05 2020 9:47am
SilverLine wrote:
Mar 05 2020 9:28am
Is this only on the bench ?? Full throttle without load, is not very healthy for motor / controller, and could result in desync
Yes, no load, but I thought you can not for long). The seller from China sent me the settings that I posted above and said that everything should work as in this video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wcb9VI ... p=drivesdk
mine doesn't work like that
Could you do a video like that ?

User avatar
Kotov.aleksander   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Mar 05 2020 5:04am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by Kotov.aleksander » Mar 05 2020 10:08am

SilverLine wrote:
Mar 05 2020 9:53am
Could you do a video like that ?
This video was sent to me by a Chinese, it can be seen on it that this controller is not an SP version, I think the reason is this, they changed something in this version and normally does not work without special settings)))
Can anyone show me what parameters in the additional calibration window weak flux, on the SP controller, please.
2722F789-F154-4471-BD32-351054BC04E1.jpeg
2722F789-F154-4471-BD32-351054BC04E1.jpeg (331.79 KiB) Viewed 978 times
instagram @kotovaleksander

SilverLine   100 W

100 W
Posts: 178
Joined: Oct 09 2017 2:53pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by SilverLine » Mar 05 2020 10:13am

Kotov.aleksander wrote:
Mar 05 2020 10:08am
SilverLine wrote:
Mar 05 2020 9:53am
Could you do a video like that ?
This video was sent to me by a Chinese, it can be seen on it that this controller is not an SP version, I think the reason is this, they changed something in this version and normally does not work without special settings)))
Can anyone show me what parameters in the additional calibration window weak flux, on the SP controller, please.
2722F789-F154-4471-BD32-351054BC04E1.jpeg
Could we se the display window ?

User avatar
Kotov.aleksander   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Mar 05 2020 5:04am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by Kotov.aleksander » Mar 05 2020 10:18am

SilverLine wrote:
Mar 05 2020 10:13am

Could we se the display window ?
BF861B21-4437-47AC-A293-141EA2F0BD8B.jpeg
BF861B21-4437-47AC-A293-141EA2F0BD8B.jpeg (305.49 KiB) Viewed 972 times
056F8A5C-633E-4D47-9305-82C634CD5CC3.jpeg
056F8A5C-633E-4D47-9305-82C634CD5CC3.jpeg (295.36 KiB) Viewed 972 times
instagram @kotovaleksander

User avatar
Kotov.aleksander   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 16
Joined: Mar 05 2020 5:04am
Location: Moscow
Contact:

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by Kotov.aleksander » Mar 05 2020 10:20am

just here you can see the problem with the temperature display, which I wrote about in my first post
instagram @kotovaleksander

SilverLine   100 W

100 W
Posts: 178
Joined: Oct 09 2017 2:53pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by SilverLine » Mar 05 2020 10:21am


Bartosh   100 W

100 W
Posts: 130
Joined: May 10 2017 3:32pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by Bartosh » Mar 05 2020 10:24am

Exactly... what's the software version you've been using (full file name)?

SilverLine   100 W

100 W
Posts: 178
Joined: Oct 09 2017 2:53pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by SilverLine » Mar 05 2020 10:26am

Bartosh wrote:
Mar 05 2020 10:24am
Exactly... what's the software version you've been using (full file name)?
The same link. But I dont have that window to the right you have.

Post Reply