DIY assembly kit for 18650 without spot welding/Soldering

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
tomjasz   10 GW

10 GW

Re: DIY assembly kit for 18650 without spot welding/Soldering

Post by tomjasz » Dec 12 2019 2:35am

bobbill wrote:
Dec 08 2019 1:48pm
Tom, did not consider it...figured the wrap is good enough to hold pack tight...as in past.
They were an improvement for a sometimes perplexing problem. But if you just ride around town you probably do bounce the pack around enough to be a problem. Personally if not securely shrink wrapped, I mean tightly, I’d had the bolts. Given what happens or could happen with failed packs I tend to be anal retentive with safety. I figure they are smarter as designers than I am as a builder.
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.

bobbill   10 W

10 W

Post by bobbill » Dec 12 2019 5:23am

tom, I agree, but just cannot justify the grief and illogical state of not being able to upgrade components...is it worth it?

tomjasz   10 GW

10 GW

Post by tomjasz » Dec 16 2019 1:06am

bobbill wrote:
Dec 12 2019 5:23am
tom, I agree, but just cannot justify the grief and illogical state of not being able to upgrade components...is it worth it?
Wait, how do bolts or shrink wrap prevent upgrades? Maybe I’m misunderstanding. I have some of the bolts. I’ll dig around and send you the specs or the link on Fastenal. I just figure the Vruzend maker is a graduate engineers. Beats gardener and pundit in technical skills. :bigthumb:
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.

bobbill   10 W

10 W

Post by bobbill » Dec 16 2019 6:41am

Was ambiguous...did not mean "prevent" just that I feel bolts are not needed. If wrap...I used plastic from spool...is tight, the pack holds no matter what, for me. I do streets only.

But, your point is well-taken, any outfit adding improvements should meke them available.

tomjasz   10 GW

10 GW

Post by tomjasz » Dec 16 2019 2:12pm

bobbill wrote:
Dec 16 2019 6:41am
Was ambiguous...did not mean "prevent" just that I feel bolts are not needed. If wrap...I used plastic from spool...is tight, the pack holds no matter what, for me. I do streets only.

But, your point is well-taken, any outfit adding improvements should meke them available.

I worry about the flexing movement. But you're obviously smarter than the engineers... :lol:

Check your message box for an interesting build.

bobbill   10 W

10 W

Post by bobbill » Dec 16 2019 2:19pm

Not smarter, just lucky or easier satisfied.

I will say, I like the through-bolts, and was irked a bit they came late and not available.
But, am also cheap and pragmatic, to a point.
I have two kit-packs I bought and built from Vrz, and wrapped them with that clear plastic stuff usually seeen on large packages...figured easier... and the wrap worked fine.
What do I know, still fumbling?
All the best...
And though I do not add much here, near all I learned about these rigs and packs I learned on Endless Sphere and a certain "magnetic" dude here and I love it. Went from gas to sparks and love it...complicated but no noise and mess.