Really, no paypal on Aliexpress, now the BMSB confusion!

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
markz   100 GW

100 GW

Really, no paypal on Aliexpress, now the BMSB confusion!

Post by markz » Jun 29 2015 6:54pm

I go to checkout with Aliexpress, get their 16S charger and I cant use paypal..... NEXT!

Now I go bite the bullet and am at BMS Battery, and their alloy shell are set values.
I go to their Built-In APFC same thing set values. Like I even know what Active PFC means.

So now I am in their Power Supply/Adpater section and I guess I can now set the value I want. Am I doing this right?
One S240 is set values, this S240 isnt.....
https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-charger-ev ... arger.html
Is this the one I buy for 16S 66.4V (4.15V/cell) @ 240/66.4=3.6A so now I've downgraded from wanting 5A one hour charge to over an hour at 3.6A.
And why do I even use 240 in the calculations when I am on 120. I do not get it.
S240 240Watts Built-in Active PFC Power Supply Adapter. The DC output voltage can be 9~90Volts for option. The maximum output current equals to 240/output voltage.
All the other ones wanted me to fill in requirements. Plug Type, 120/240, Type, series.
Charge Voltage (Default: Typical value ):
Charge Current (Default: Maximum):

Im just frustrated, all this time researching, then wanting to buy Aliexpress and now I cant. And now the BMS Battery confusion. I really dont want to buy from them.
What I want is a 5A charger, not 3.6A, plus who knows how huge the BMSB charger is.

I want something I can carry with me when riding.

Dauntless   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Really, no paypal on Aliexpress, now the BMSB confusion!

Post by Dauntless » Jun 29 2015 7:16pm

The PayPal issue is just your seller. I've bought on AliExpress with PayPal.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM MAGIC!
- Arthur C. Clarke

neptronix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by neptronix » Jun 29 2015 7:22pm

The chargers that bmsbattery sells are not known for quality or longevity. aliexpress can be a gamble too.

Try em3ev.com if they have a model that suits your needs;
http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route= ... ry&path=37
"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive." - Dalai Lama

My first major build: 1.6kW 8T MAC motor on a Trek 4500.
The new all-arounder: Leafmotor 1500w @ 4kW on a Turner O2 full suspension.
The monster scooter: 20" eZee on a Cannondale Semi Recumbent.
Whipper-snapper: ? on a lightweight BikeE Semi Recumbent

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Post by markz » Jun 29 2015 8:07pm

I just googled it and Paypal was dropped by Alibiba/Aliexpress years ago in 2011

I went to em3ev, closest I could come is http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route= ... uct_id=145 set to 69.7V or 64.6V. To get my desired 66.4V (4.15V) or 67.2V (4.20V). I will ponder it some more and I might end up buying this one if I cant find anything else. Its just a tough spot my batteries put me in. Might be wiser for me to look into chopping up my batteries into 3S or 2S or some other combo.

neptronix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by neptronix » Jun 29 2015 8:16pm

16S is definitely a weird voltage to charge. This is why i tend to go with high amps, low volts, even if it puts my motor power at a bit of a disadvantage.

Those chargers are of a pretty decent quality. If you can charge to 4.15v, that's a good voltage for bulk charging lipos for sure.
"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive." - Dalai Lama

nutnspecial   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by nutnspecial » Jun 29 2015 8:40pm

I think paypal is a subsidary of ebay, and aliexpress is basically competition, so it doesn't surprise me that it's only cards on AExspres. Didn't know paypal can be done without a CC, but it doesn't surprise much.

I can weigh my alloyshell 900w if you want, that's 10a at your voltage though- a smaller model is prob what you're looking at.
PFC is just an efficiency measurement for the ac/dc conversion. Goog, it's interesting. ANyway, i have the alloyshell, and when buying you specify volts,amps,plug, etc. It works well and is pretty solid. It can be changed, but not without some mystery and guessing it seems. Maybe the 600w would suit you, and maybe sombody can weigh one for you.

Otherwise, sombody around you has gotta be willing to hold a bill from you and order from aexpress on their CC? I would find the nearest pretty lady, as it can be nice to 'owe them' :mrgreen:

Ps, I learned what FOB means 2night. My frame seller says the price is FOB, so I look it up and apparently FOB means nothing without the suffix: shipping/destination- In which case they are opposite. Wtf I don't know what the hell this guy means 15emails later.
axpress and ebay are nothing compared to this lol? :lol:

MadRhino   100 GW

100 GW

Post by MadRhino » Jun 29 2015 8:45pm

Do yourself a favor, and buy a Mastech. You will not regret the price difference, for it will last and charge 0-100v at 0-10A.

http://www.mastechpowersupply.com/volte ... ction.html
Make it fool-proof, and I will make a better fool.
Current bikes
Street:
Trek Session 10 mod. Variable geometry. 70mph
Dirt:
Santa Cruz V10. 50mph

neptronix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by neptronix » Jun 29 2015 8:49pm

Dude, how did i not know about these. 5 years on the forum and never heard of them.
That's a freaking awesome price for a lab power supply that's capable of pumping that much juice.
MadRhino wrote:Do yourself a favor, and buy a Mastech. You will not regret the price difference, for it will last and charge 0-100v at 0-10A.

http://www.mastechpowersupply.com/volte ... ction.html

MadRhino   100 GW

100 GW

Post by MadRhino » Jun 29 2015 8:59pm

I like to spend a little more and buy the 20A, but it was way overkill to recommend for the OP requirements.
Current bikes
Street:
Dirt:
Santa Cruz V10. 50mph

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Post by markz » Jun 29 2015 9:05pm

Yeah Im looking at a hundred bucks with shipping. But if its a good deal willing to go more.

Its come down to these options, unless theres something else out there
I either go em3ev that gets it close with an alarm,
or a few meanwells in series (all the same of course)

nutspecial wrote:I think paypal is a subsidary of ebay, and aliexpress is basically competition, so it doesn't surprise me that it's only cards on AExspres. Didn't know paypal can be done without a CC, but it doesn't surprise much.

I can weigh my alloyshell 900w if you want, that's 10a at your voltage though- a smaller model is prob what you're looking at.
PFC is just an efficiency measurement for the ac/dc conversion. Goog, it's interesting. ANyway, i have the alloyshell, and when buying you specify volts,amps,plug, etc. It works well and is pretty solid. It can be changed, but not without some mystery and guessing it seems. Maybe the 600w would suit you, and maybe sombody can weigh one for you.
Yeah the 600W is what I was looking at but I dont think you specify I think its default, so you choose from their list in the description
2V25A, 24V18A, 36V12A, 48V10A, 60V8A, 72V6A, 84V5A, 120V3A. Thats what I assume from their poor english and description skills.

MadRhino   100 GW

100 GW

Post by MadRhino » Jun 29 2015 9:22pm

Meanwell are good, real Meanwell not Chinese clones. Yet the best Meanwell are not so cheap, you'd have to find them on the used market.

Chinese bulk chargers are crap and don't hope for an applicable guarantee.

Mastech is reliable, has a real guarantee, and a lab PSU like the one I did recommend can charge any from 1 single cell to 24s Lipo, at any Amp up to 10A. That is making a very flexible and precise charging station, and you will have it for a long time no matter if you change your battery voltage for the next bike.
Current bikes
Street:
Dirt:
Santa Cruz V10. 50mph

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Post by markz » Jun 29 2015 9:41pm

True, M.R. so true, for $300 I could get a lot of things.
Im just starting out, I f'd up with my wimpy iMax B8+ from HobbyKing .
The MeanWells I was looking at are $25 each, they are real ones from American companies. I doubt they are PFC, but right now I dont care.
I the 17S all checked out, about to buy it. I think its the best way to go. Even though its either too high or too low of an end voltage.

If I need anything more in the future, I will just series something with Aluminium Case Charger 71.4V 4A,17S Li Ion/NCM (with Switch) and end up with whatever lower amperage I get. So 4A is ok I guess. I will be charging at 1C anyway, so now its just 0.75C which will make my 5A batteries last longer I guess....if I dont dive bomb them.

I think this one is a fake, the CE symbol too obvious or what?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-60V-5AMP-5A-P ... 1e81772f4c

nutnspecial   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by nutnspecial » Jun 29 2015 10:29pm

The seller has 90k transactions and 99% feedbak. I doubt its' fake, price seems rite for the power output. Not necessarily highly portable though.

Rhino, awesome recommend- here I was all worked up about gophert lol. definitely great 4 the bench.

CC is just a minor inconvenience imo OP. If you're looking for the best suited portable charge for 6-v and 5a, that's what to shop for. I'd be interested if greentime vs PS vs bmsb vs balance charger from a 12v car leadacid.

As far as bmsb, i clicked 900w and then all the applicable values to order. Let's see for the 600. --- it's the same as mine. Just fill in the info and it comes as you ordered in 2weeks. They're a pain to change volts and amps, but it's possible within certain spec limits.

I don't know what's up with their active pfc vs the ashell. Imo don't worry about that unless you're charging off a 100w solar panel?

motomech   1 GW

1 GW

Post by motomech » Jun 29 2015 11:04pm

With BMS Battery, you need to contact Jack Xie, that's what he's there for and his English is good.
Tell him what you want and get confirmation.
Also, establishing a relationship now will help if there is a problem.
Motomech

'07 GT Idive 4 4.0, Q100H 201 frt. mounted, 14S Multistar LiPoly, elifebike 9-FET 20A controller. Mean Well HLG-320H-54A, Crazy Bobs on Alex DM32's 21 to 22 MPH. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28151&p=1373714&hilit=Idrive#p13737

neptronix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by neptronix » Jun 29 2015 11:08pm

Aliexpress won't tell you about the long term picture with a seller and their products though, so don't innately trust that. If the item is from a brand you've never heard of before, or doesn't even have a brand, you're basically spinning the wheel of Chinese vendor fortune, and you've got a low probability of winning a prize. Just sayin.

I've probably bought $500 worth of chargers over the years. I regret not simply forking over for a big, expensive, powerful, good quality one.

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Post by markz » Jun 29 2015 11:23pm

Choices choices

Theres a 16.6A Mean Well from JameCo Electronics, its a SE-600-36, 32-40V and 16.6A so I can charge half my 20Ah pack in about an hour and a half. Its $84 + $20s/h
Its 247*127*63.5mm LWH 2.1kg. I think the good news that comes with that is if I choose to go 15Ah pack, the charging time decreases by a lot.

https://www.jameco.com/Jameco/Products/ ... 104524.pdf

I dont know what em3ev's charger could do that pack in the same time at 4A and 67V, it might be pretty close. Actually I think the MeanWell halves the time, even with ONE MW. So now I get exactly the voltage I want, with a very high Amp rating, and I just have to string out the middle 5.5mm bullet connector of my series line to outside the case. I parallel first then series. I cant really compute in my head how I calculate how long 67V at 4A would take on a 20Ah pack. Its way easier to see it in my mind with the MW.

So each "o" is one of my Turnigy 4S 5Ah batteries. Its just one series line BTW, I did it that way for text formatting. Just to get an idea.

oo--series--oo--oo--oo
oo--series--oo--oo--oo
^
all in parallel

striider   100 W

100 W

Post by striider » Jun 30 2015 12:44am

FWIW - I have purchased from 3 different sellers, 4 different times on aliexpress with no issues on my main credit card that I use.

Nobuo   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Nobuo » Jun 30 2015 7:53pm

Just for add more info
After more than 200 orders on Aliexpress and 8 years buying on many different Chinese shops like DX, Focalprice, tmart, everbuying, tomtop, banggood.. and ebay and Amazon. I've found Aliexpress to be the most safe place to buy even directly with Visa card. They use their own escrow system, but it works incredibly good. I've received really fair compensations on failing products or not quality satisfying ones.

As an open commerce shop like Ebay, You can find fake sellers, the only one time it would happened to me on one order, the order was automatically cancelled and money refunded.

On bad / wrong products I've received full refund when I needed, (after some words with sellers that always prefer to send a replacement on the next order.. :lol: )
I'm really satisfied at the moment :roll:
* Lithium + Air = Fire * <-----> ** Lithium + Chemical-Additives + Air = ZERO Fire **
<Battery and EV works>
https://facebook.com/evmadrid1
<Battery building resources>
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/vi ... 14&t=68005