Giant Trance X1 build for MAX range

Show off your E-bike creation here.
thundercamel   1 kW

1 kW

Re: Giant Trance X1 build for MAX range

Post by thundercamel » Apr 30 2019 12:58pm

I read in the Phaserunner manual, that it has a wire that can be separated for regen on a separate throttle for analog braking control. If you have any old throttles laying around, I thought that might be fun to try. Otherwise the front brake regen will probably be good enough.
My Ebike builds - Existing bikes, affordable motor kits, self built 14s6p batteries - Now with more recumbent!

dirt huffer   1 W

1 W

Post by dirt huffer » May 02 2019 7:37am

thundercamel wrote:
Apr 30 2019 12:58pm
I read in the Phaserunner manual, that it has a wire that can be separated for regen on a separate throttle for analog braking control. If you have any old throttles laying around, I thought that might be fun to try. Otherwise the front brake regen will probably be good enough.

I read about that too. I might give that a try. So many options

How are you liking your Phaserunner regen? Can you adjust it powerful enough to lock up the rear tire?

thundercamel   1 kW

1 kW

Post by thundercamel » May 02 2019 1:18pm

I wish I had a phaserunner. I just have two affordable affordable conversion kits, neither of which have I been successful with enabling regen yet. I was just reading the phaserunner manual in consideration for a car loan or two being paid off.

I actually just tested a pad on my controllers circuit board last night labeled EBS. It floats to 5 volt, but pulling it down to ground exhibited no behavior other than making the motor jump forward every time a brake lever was released. Totally bizarre!
My Ebike builds - Existing bikes, affordable motor kits, self built 14s6p batteries - Now with more recumbent!

Raketemensch   10 W

10 W

Post by Raketemensch » May 02 2019 3:27pm

I’ve seen a few people just setting up a button for the regen, but holding it down while riding downhill doesn’t sound like a lot of fun to me.

I’ll be interested in seeing what you come up with.