Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Adaptto E-Drives Lab   100 W

100 W

Re: Advanced ADAPTTO controllers and compatible products

Post by Adaptto E-Drives Lab » May 31 2016 5:22am

Dear friends,

We've released the new firmware which is already available on the web-site.
-The problem with saving throttle/brake limits is solved.
-Fixed the bug which caused blinking display once switching on the controller with high-voltage battery
-Eliminated custom logo on loading screen (appeared in some cases).

Please download here: http://adaptto.com/Support/

Firmwares with passwords for switching between power profiles are available via email request as usual.

If you'll find any new bugs in these firmwares please contact us via techsupport@adaptto.com with description!

Best regards
For sales enquiries please contact us via: sales@adaptto.com
Technical questions: techsupport@adaptto.com
Web-site: http://adaptto.com/

Mammalian04   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Mammalian04 » May 31 2016 9:25pm

Adaptto E-Drives Lab wrote:
brickwall wrote:Are there any official or other plug-and-play throttle, brake and e-brake controls for the Adaptto? Something that doesn't require crimping or soldering.
Hello,

Unfortunately there are no official (or plug-and-play) throttles. However we've got the plans to launch production of our throttles compatible with controllers.
Ah hah! The infamous Adaptto throttle! Ah how we have waited for you! :mrgreen: Do you have a target date? Could this also be accompanied by the DC-DC? Please please!

korpin   10 kW

10 kW

Post by korpin » Jun 02 2016 12:16pm

Offroader wrote:
What thermistor is in the MXUS motor?

What thermistor is in that motor, sounds like if you have a NTC10K and if that is the case the temp will read 32 until you hit over 100F. If you have a KTY sounds like you have another issue like a bad connection.

Does the adaptto ever read the KV correctly? I can't see how it could read it correctly because you have the rim and tire on putting a load on the motor. The motor would have to be spun load free to get a correct reading.
thanks i will try the NTC10K setting and see what happens

Mammalian04   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Mammalian04 » Jun 02 2016 8:36pm

I know, I violated the first rule about Adaptto club. We don't talk about DC-DC. :lol:

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Jun 14 2016 4:34pm

I just want to give a short feedback about Adaptto. They do a great customer service and I can just recommend them. 100% transparent, great communication.. All in all: Perfect! 100% recommend, 5 of 5 stars. Have sent them my controller for repair, until now I have absolutly no bad experience with them. Thumbs up! :D
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Jun 14 2016 11:54pm

Mammalian04 wrote:I know, I violated the first rule about Adaptto club. We don't talk about DC-DC. :lol:
:lol:

Altair   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Altair » Jun 15 2016 3:22pm

DasDouble wrote:I just want to give a short feedback about Adaptto. They do a great customer service and I can just recommend them. 100% transparent, great communication.. All in all: Perfect! 100% recommend, 5 of 5 stars. Have sent them my controller for repair, until now I have absolutly no bad experience with them. Thumbs up! :D
I second that opinion, Oleg provides excellent communication between us and the company.
Even if they are very far from us geographically, it's still very easy to deal with them AFTER the sale has been made.

If they manage to design a versatile system that pleases everyone, either with a hub motor OR a mid-drive, they will quickly become number one.

Personally, I value the integrated BMS/Charger for its convenience.

GmagNeato   100 W

100 W

Post by GmagNeato » Jul 15 2016 2:42pm

Mammalian04 wrote:I know, I violated the first rule about Adaptto club. We don't talk about DC-DC. :lol:
Well their website has it listed as one of their products, but when you open the page is says "Coming Soon".

@Adaptto E-Drives Lab, How soon might that be Adaptto folks? I need a permanent, integrated DC-DC solution for lighting etc and I've been trying to hold out for yours, but if it's going to be much longer I will have to find another option. These rinky-dink external battery operated units I'm using are not sufficient. Any idea of time frame?
1st build: (commuter conversion) Novara HT / DIY 15s7p Panasonic NCRB's (harvested from used laptop packs) / 40a generic Chinese controller / 1500w 5T Leaf motor (STOCK)

2nd build: EEB frame / 20s4p of 7200mah Turnigy Hard Case Packs, 74v nominal, 28.8ah, 2131wh / Adaptto Max-E (9G4 firmware currently) + BMS + 70a Charge Coil onboard / QS 205 V3 Extra 5T

Mammalian04   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Mammalian04 » Jul 15 2016 2:49pm

GmagNeato wrote:
Well their website has it listed as one of their products, but when you open the page is says "Coming Soon".

@Adaptto E-Drives Lab, How soon might that be Adaptto folks? I need a permanent, integrated DC-DC solution for lighting etc and I've been trying to hold out for yours, but if it's going to be much longer I will have to find another option. These rinky-dink external battery operated units I'm using are not sufficient. Any idea of time frame?
Don't hold your breath. It has been coming soon for years.

GmagNeato   100 W

100 W

Post by GmagNeato » Jul 15 2016 3:11pm

Mammalian04 wrote:
GmagNeato wrote:

Don't hold your breath. It has been coming soon for years.
Got it. Thanks Mammalian04
1st build: (commuter conversion) Novara HT / DIY 15s7p Panasonic NCRB's (harvested from used laptop packs) / 40a generic Chinese controller / 1500w 5T Leaf motor (STOCK)

2nd build: EEB frame / 20s4p of 7200mah Turnigy Hard Case Packs, 74v nominal, 28.8ah, 2131wh / Adaptto Max-E (9G4 firmware currently) + BMS + 70a Charge Coil onboard / QS 205 V3 Extra 5T

Offroader   100 MW

100 MW

Post by Offroader » Jul 15 2016 3:13pm

I think I may know why the DC-DC converter is delayed. I have done a lot of research into DC-DC converters for my custom hub motor cooling which requires 8 volts.

The problem is for our higher voltage batteries, there are not many DC-DC converters for them to use. Very few exists that would take an input voltage of 80-100 volts.

For my needs of bringing my battery volts of 82 to an output of 8 volts, I had to use two dc-dc converters. 82 volts to 12 volts, then another 12 volts to 8 volts. One of which was based on using transformers inside the power supply.

If they only had to deal with us using 48 volt batteries, it would have been am much easier project as most DC-DC converters have voltage ranges of 32-75 volts.

Another issue they may have had to deal with is that for any small DC-DC converter is that they draw a lot of current at idle. It would require a good cooling solution and if you left this DC-DC converter on it would drain your battery, even if you are not powering anything.

What I am trying to say is that making a DC-DC converter that would handle the wide input voltages we use, to be made in a small light package, to not draw a lot of parasitic load, is just simply a difficult project to do. I don't think they realized all of this when they started out.

I will be very surprised if they actually ever come out with it. It will probably have different options being sold based on your battery voltage.

They would have to use something like this, and this is one of the few options out there to handle our ebike voltages. Cost is $150 dollars alone for just the converter.
But this would allow a voltage adjustment between 10% to 110% of 12 volts, and offer an output of around 14 amps. All in a very tiny light package of 60 grams / 2 oz. I would love to have something like this on my bike.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vic ... os9g%3d%3d

Instead I'm stuck with two of these DC-DC converters, but I do get 12 volts and 8 volts.

endlessly_ending   10 W

10 W

Post by endlessly_ending » Jul 18 2016 8:43am

Hi

Would need an option to reverse the motor.
I found a parameter called "Backwd SPD - Maximum reverse speed" but dont know how to activate reverse speed at all?

Any help please?

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Jul 22 2016 8:13pm

Been asking Allex lots of questions about the MAX E Set up, but figured I would start posting here to share the knowledge with those like me who don't know. I hope I am not the only one :oops:

So I spoke with a guy in Australia who is currently working on 2 bikes powered by the Adapto, both motors were smoked because the rider didn't have the timing program values correct and things were running hot. How do we know what optimal programming is as far as the values go? What would be the best setting on the MAX E for max performance out of a V2 MXUS 4T? Here is what I got from my advanced settings menu. I did change the #1 PWR Timing from .51 to 1.54, added a bunch of speed and power on to my machine :twisted: and it was already silly fast before I did this. Here are my settings and check out my vid which was before increasing PWR Timing

Angle Corr. -1.59
PWR Timing +1.54 was .51
Angle corr2 .51
Hall Offset 060
Hall Reverse NO
Wire Reverse No
Hall Inverse 0000
Wire R.Mohm 096
Wire R PHC No
Control Method Sine/// Sine
PWM 18KHZ
ADDNZ 05

GmagNeato   100 W

100 W

Post by GmagNeato » Jul 23 2016 10:57pm

Hi Rix nice ride! Any idea the total weight of it? Also l, is PWM setting only in older firmware? It's not in my advanced settings. Thanks for sharing this!!

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Jul 24 2016 6:50pm

GmagNeato wrote:Hi Rix nice ride! Any idea the total weight of it? Also l, is PWM setting only in older firmware? It's not in my advanced settings. Thanks for sharing this!!
it weighs 91 pounds on my bathroom scale balancing the rear wheel. I could have came in around 88 if I didn't run MC wheel tire on the front and only on the rear.

SUNDRIVE   10 W

10 W

Post by SUNDRIVE » Jul 26 2016 8:34pm

Rix wrote:Been asking Allex lots of questions about the MAX E Set up, but figured I would start posting here to share the knowledge with those like me who don't know. I hope I am not the only one :oops:

So I spoke with a guy in Australia who is currently working on 2 bikes powered by the Adapto, both motors were smoked because the rider didn't have the timing program values correct and things were running hot. How do we know what optimal programming is as far as the values go? What would be the best setting on the MAX E for max performance out of a V2 MXUS 4T? Here is what I got from my advanced settings menu. I did change the #1 PWR Timing from .51 to 1.54, added a bunch of speed and power on to my machine :twisted: and it was already silly fast before I did this. Here are my settings and check out my vid which was before increasing PWR Timing

Angle Corr. -1.59
PWR Timing +1.54 was .51
IAngle corr2 .51
Hall Offset 060
Hall Reverse NO
Wire Reverse No
Hall Inverse 0000
Wire R.Mohm 096
Wire R PHC No
PWM 18KHZ
ADDNZ 05

Hello Rix
Geez, now I have to explain to my 11yo son that some guys are just too tough to wear helmet and pads now!
Thanks for the Adaptto settings, I was after some Syd settings for MXUS 3k Turbo and Max-E. What value did you use for "Ind Timing" please Rix? Did you tune it by trial and error, or was the force with you? I need an Adaptto whisperer.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Jul 27 2016 9:06am

SUNDRIVE wrote:
Rix wrote:Been asking Allex lots of questions about the MAX E Set up, but figured I would start posting here to share the knowledge with those like me who don't know. I hope I am not the only one :oops:

Angle Corr. -1.59
PWR Timing +1.54 was .51
IAngle corr2 .51
Hall Offset 060
Hall Reverse NO
Wire Reverse No
Hall Inverse 0000
Wire R.Mohm 096
Wire R PHC No
PWM 18KHZ
ADDNZ 05

Hello Rix
Geez, now I have to explain to my 11yo son that some guys are just too tough to wear helmet and pads now!
Thanks for the Adaptto settings, I was after some Syd settings for MXUS 3k Turbo and Max-E. What value did you use for "Ind Timing" please Rix? Did you tune it by trial and error, or was the force with you? I need an Adaptto whisperer.
Encourage your kid to wear protective gear no matter what. I chanced it because the vid was short and on a smooth street, I would not ride any of my bikes dressed like that off road, or even a road ride for any distance. Movin on, I am still tuning my Adapto, I have contacted Allex, Doc Bass, and Adapto for guidance on settings, they are all telling me about the same thing, we must custom tune our setting for optimum performance and no two motors will have the exact same values entirely and be perfect, we can get ball park close with general settings for motors with the some turn count and make though. Can't remember what my Ind Timing" was, I will get that on my break and post.

SUNDRIVE   10 W

10 W

Post by SUNDRIVE » Jul 28 2016 8:06pm

Thanks Rix,
"syd" was supposed to be std, as in standard, but I am coming to the same conclusion, aint no such thing. For instance, the common advice is -5/+5 for angle corr, my MXUS k3 Turbo autodetect setting was around -10, and feels like a chaff cutter at anything past -6, hardly runs at -2!

I have been PMing with ES member Merlin, who strongly suggests doing several consecutive Autodetect cycles, which I had done just out of curiosity for the variability, but I'm trying to understand why, is the Adaptto clever enough to refine its existing settings each autodetect cycle, or does it start from scratch each time?

Ah, the mysteries of modern life!

JB

brumbrum   100 kW

100 kW

Post by brumbrum » Jul 29 2016 1:49am

Do three autodetects and take the average of the three as your 'rough' setting, and then fine tune.
My NYX and cromotor build
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=74615
My LMX 161 dirt bike build
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94074

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Jul 29 2016 9:23am

brumbrum wrote:Do three autodetects and take the average of the three as your 'rough' setting, and then fine tune.
Thats interesting, makes for a good starting point.

Poolgod   1 mW

1 mW

Post by Poolgod » Jul 29 2016 3:16pm

can you explain why they won't work with a crown ? I was just starting a new build with a crown and wanted to look into your controller for the bms feature along with other good things I have read about them . will you be able to fix the issue in the future ?

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Jul 31 2016 1:01am

SUNDRIVE wrote:

Angle Corr. -1.59
PWR Timing +1.54 was .51
IAngle corr2 .51
Hall Offset 060
Hall Reverse NO
Wire Reverse No
Hall Inverse 0000
Wire R.Mohm 096
Wire R PHC No
PWM 18KHZ
ADDNZ 05

Hello Rix
My Ind Timing is 654. :shock: Manual says I should be around 450-500, but the bike is working good.

DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Jul 31 2016 12:28pm

@Adaptto Team I have following question:

I have a 1.8kWh LiPo Battery with a Max-E Controller. So when I bought everything together and mounted everything I always thought I could get my max current (4kW peak) instandly. But this is not so. When I accellerate, the displays show that the motor gets slowly to the 4kW. But this 4kW Power gets only arrived when Im like at 45 km/h or something like that. So when I for example am stuck in the mud, in the middle of the forest, I firstly would have to get to higher speeds / rpm´s to get out of the mud / to use the full 4kW. Can I change that somehow?

I want to be able to accellerate extremly fast with "only" 4 Kilowatts and want to be able to reach them even when I am at like 0 km/h to be able to drive in mud etc.

I would really apprechiate your help!!!

Elias
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Jul 31 2016 5:30pm

DasDouble wrote:@Adaptto Team I have following question:

I have a 1.8kWh LiPo Battery with a Max-E Controller. So when I bought everything together and mounted everything I always thought I could get my max current (4kW peak) instandly. But this is not so. When I accellerate, the displays show that the motor gets slowly to the 4kW. But this 4kW Power gets only arrived when Im like at 45 km/h or something like that. So when I for example am stuck in the mud, in the middle of the forest, I firstly would have to get to higher speeds / rpm´s to get out of the mud / to use the full 4kW. Can I change that somehow?

I want to be able to accellerate extremly fast with "only" 4 Kilowatts and want to be able to reach them even when I am at like 0 km/h to be able to drive in mud etc.

Elias
Your PWR Timing is probably set at default to .51. Change it to 1.42 or 1.54 and see if that helps. If it doesn't change back to the lower setting.

Ohbse   10 kW

10 kW

Post by Ohbse » Aug 04 2016 1:06am

DasDouble wrote:@Adaptto Team I have following question:

Elias
What are your power profile settings? Especially phase amps