Battery Recommendations (AUS) for TSDZ2 Conversion

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
jces   1 µW

1 µW

Battery Recommendations (AUS) for TSDZ2 Conversion

Post by jces » Jan 09 2020 2:45pm

Hi all,

I just bought a pair of 36 V 250W TSDZ2s from PSWPower for conversions of old but good bikes. Am in Oz (Canberra based) and so couldn't buy batteries from PSWPower to go with them (they can't ship Li-Ion to Oz unfortunately). So I'm looking for some recommendations for batteries - I just dont know how to judge battery quality. There are plenty of batteries available online for purchase in Australia, but I'm keen to know if there are batteries with good reputations amongst Endless Sphere members. Looking for 36V, and around 10-12Ah, for frame mounting (bottle cage bolts) in hybrid frames.

Thanks!

Bikegirl   1 W

1 W

Re: Battery Recommendations (AUS) for TSDZ2 Conversion

Post by Bikegirl » Jan 11 2020 6:23am

I'm in Queensland. I got a 14s7p (52v, 20ah) hard case with smart bms from Em3ev in China and a 36v 21ah shark case from solarbike in Perth. I would recommend getting the cycle satiator for charging too. Different batteries for different purposes. I went with the Australian supplier for my first purchase to dip my toes in the water, it's rebadged Chinese gear anyway, but made me more confident that I would get what was stated. Em3ev battery has been good so far but have only had it a couple of days, some teething issues trying to get connected to the app but seems good now.

Best thing I can recommend is trying to use your battery for more than one purpose to make your purchase worthwhile. Our 52v battery services a longtail cargo bike and a drift trike.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jces   1 µW

1 µW

Post by jces » Jan 12 2020 11:38pm

Thanks for your reply, Bikegirl. Surprised to hear that a chinese firm could supply you LI-ion batteries - I understood that they couldn't be shipped to Australia retail.

Has anyone heard of or had any experience with the Cap Rouge ebike batteries? Also, I believe there are ebike battery makers in Australia here at the forum? I did see someone making batteries for cars, not sure if they do bike battereis too, perhaps too small...

If anyone can point me at the relevant people, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

DragonDrew   1 µW

1 µW

Post by DragonDrew » Jan 13 2020 12:48am

I believe there are ebike battery makers in Australia here at the forum?
I believe you are referring to jonescg. He is based in Perth and makes some very nice looking batteries.

Bikegirl   1 W

1 W

Post by Bikegirl » Jan 13 2020 1:08am

I did get a 72v lipo battery off jonesc but drained it when I left it connected to the bms but, yes the 52v li-ion battery came from China, through Em3ev. Can ship if they are handled right.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk