Learning mode throttle reverses wheel

Get all your technical information about electric bikes here.
daveo12345   1 mW

1 mW

Learning mode throttle reverses wheel

Post by daveo12345 » Jan 27 2020 12:15am

trying to configure my first ebike.

when i use leanring mode, wheel spins forward. However, when i apply the throttle, the wheel reverses.

Everything i read says it should not do this, but rather increase and speed and not reverse unless i disconnect and reconnect the learning wire.

Anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks in advance.

E-HP   100 kW

100 kW

Re: Learning mode throttle reverses wheel

Post by E-HP » Jan 28 2020 9:34pm

daveo12345 wrote:trying to configure my first ebike.

when i use leanring mode, wheel spins forward. However, when i apply the throttle, the wheel reverses.

Everything i read says it should not do this, but rather increase and speed and not reverse unless i disconnect and reconnect the learning wire.

Anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks in advance.
Can you clarify; are you using the throttle when the self learning wires are still connected??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daveo12345   1 mW

1 mW

Post by daveo12345 » Jan 28 2020 10:26pm

yes i am doing in this order

1. connect self leanring wires
2. connect power
3. wheel starts spinning in forward direction (without any throttle as soon as power is connected)
4. If i apply throttle, wheel reverses direction
5. apply some throttle again, wheel reverses back to proper direction
5. disconnect learning wires

bike does memorize the forward direciton. but my real question is are the halls memorzed or is it operating in a sensorless mode

E-HP   100 kW

100 kW

Post by E-HP » Jan 28 2020 11:32pm

daveo12345 wrote:
Jan 28 2020 10:26pm
bike does memorize the forward direciton. but my real question is are the halls memorzed or is it operating in a sensorless mode
Sounds like sensored. Do the self learning again, but disconnect when the motor is running in reverse. Disconnect, and see if it remembered it. Then, unplug the halls, and see if it goes the right way.

daveo12345   1 mW

1 mW

Post by daveo12345 » Jan 31 2020 2:35pm

ok i think i am close to answering my own question.

Upon further review:

1. i tested hall wires near controller using the diode test method in other threads. This prooved 2 hall wires good and one bad.

Upon inspectiona hall wire had gotten loose.

Incidentally bike road the same with or without hall wiring connector so it is definitively in a sensor-less mode.

When i repair the connector with the broken wiring, I'll report back whether learning mode changes from a "reverse with throttle" to an increase speed with throttle as it should..

so bottom line, if your increase throttle during learning mode is reversin wheel direciton....think bad wires to halls or bad halls.