Reputable sources for good value ebike batteries?

Batteries, Chargers, and Battery Management Systems.
cloudcover   10 mW

10 mW

Reputable sources for good value ebike batteries?

Post by cloudcover » Sep 09 2018 6:26pm

Hello!

I'm looking to buy a battery pack for an ebike -- likely something in the 48V 14Ah range. I'm wary of just searching by price, since I don't want to get an inexpensive battery that's poorly made, doesn't work, etc. Can folks recommend a few/handful of battery pack suppliers that are generally regarded as (a) reputable and (b) providing good value for the money?

Thanks!

P.S. I tried to do a couple of searches in this forum before posting but couldn't find anything useful. Maybe my search queries were poor. Didn't want folks to think I hadn't tried! :)

Chalo   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Reputable sources for good value ebike batteries?

Post by Chalo » Sep 09 2018 6:38pm

Good value in batteries is always a crapshoot. Even reputable suppliers sling a few crappy specimens here and there, and the ones who make good on their faults don't sell for cheap.

I've gotten good batteries from fly-by-night sellers. I've had trouble with relatively high dollar batteries, too. If you want certainty, build your own. But time is worth money.
This is to express my gratitude to Justin of Grin Technologies for his extraordinary measures to save this forum for the benefit of all.

Nixunen   10 mW

10 mW

Post by Nixunen » Sep 10 2018 1:22am

If you want good and reliable battery, buy one from Em3ev

dirt huffer   1 W

1 W

Post by dirt huffer » Sep 10 2018 9:14pm

Also add Luna cycles and unitpackpower to the list of reputable sellers