Advice!

Good or bad experience with a vendor? This is the place to discuss it. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING HERE!
bobbill   1 W

1 W

Advice!

Post by bobbill » Jun 25 2018 12:35pm

Despite what some have writen here I must observe the following:

I have acquired two items from China, one via eBay and one via Aliexpress. The eBay item was returned...a scam pure and simple, played upon cost of return...if delivery receipt needed, which without was easily denied. I will refrain from noting sellers name. Ebay should be a able to handle...thieves for pennies.

The Aliexpress item was plain mistake on my part. I ordered two meter strip of e-pack nickel bussbar (roll) on 6.26.18 and received a few moments ago, 6.26.18. That is 20 days or nearly one month...never again. I should have refused it, but do not want to make things tough on mail carrier.

Caveat Emptor...yes I understand. Heed as you may! Never again.

eee291   100 kW

100 kW

Re: Advice!

Post by eee291 » Jun 25 2018 1:05pm

What?

Did you seriously expect to get stuff faster when using free shipping :lol:

When you buy things from China, they tell you that it can take 2-4 Weeks, sometimes more.

If want your stuff faster you can use DHL or FedEx or whatever.

bobbill   1 W

1 W

Post by bobbill » Jun 30 2018 5:06am

@ eee... I have acquired items from Japan, Thailand, UK, etc. All were swift transits, save UK and China.

All gave worst case scenarios and free shipping, some use "intermediates" or - in county, handlers.

The only country with scams was China, who bank on return costs being prohibitive.

Being a master of the obvious gets zero points. You have good fortune dealing with China, by all means continue...

As I remarked earlier, "caveat emptor." Your choice...!

Sunder   100 MW

100 MW

Post by Sunder » Jun 30 2018 9:06pm

I've been burned a few times on both eBay and Aliexpress.

I now look not only at their rating, but the comments with that rating. Any accusations of dishonest play and I blacklist them. If it's just quality issues, I'll still consider it.

So comments like "drop shipper, not really in Australia" is a big enough red flag to warn me off. If they are willing to lie about where the product is, you can bet they are willing to lie to keep your money.
eBike: Q100H on 16S with Phaserunner FOC Controller
eMotorscooter: Vectrix VX-1 Died... Electrified Ninja in Progress!
eCar: Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV... Warramty expired. Still not game!
eHouse: 6.2kw On-grid solar with battery backup coming soon!

After 5 builds, the best advice I can give, is start with high quality products. I prefer http://www.ebikes.ca

bobbill   1 W

1 W

Post by bobbill » Jul 01 2018 7:16am

Sunder, Dig!

FWIW, I sent a fellow a lens...he was in Ukraine...address on PP was for New Jersey forwarder who holds and sends large pkgs or multiples overseas, which I did not know. Buyer did not receive.

I sent ship-info and track number...and was willing to reimburse and advised. Not heard what happened. T'was first such experience.

China simply makes excuses when the shipper screws up, regardless of shipper and so on, so if item is "Chine," I pass, then look for domestic. May take longer, but never screwed by domestic, yet. Almost, but not so far and due to limited access and convenience, tend to use Amazon first.