building my first battery

Batteries, Chargers, and Battery Management Systems.
parrst   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 13
Joined: Mar 23 2020 5:32pm

Re: building my first battery

Post by parrst » Mar 24 2020 5:01pm

john61ct wrote:
Mar 24 2020 3:58pm
I had not raised the issue of the wiring.

>> what is the ampacity limit for the load terminals of your SC?
Max charge current and max load current 20A. I have never seen a spec for acpicity. I may be new to building batteries but I am no stranger to electrical or electronic work. If the SC says it can handle it, I would assume all of the SC components, including the terminal connectors can as well.

Bob

john61ct   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5641
Joined: Dec 18 2018 2:06pm

Re: building my first battery

Post by john61ct » Mar 24 2020 5:21pm

That **is** its spec for load ampacity.

If you trust it, think it will also work with your load **types** then go for it!

And let us know how it works of course.

parrst   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 13
Joined: Mar 23 2020 5:32pm

Re: building my first battery

Post by parrst » Mar 24 2020 10:23pm

john61ct wrote:
Mar 24 2020 5:21pm
That **is** its spec for load ampacity.

If you trust it, think it will also work with your load **types** then go for it!

And let us know how it works of course.
Thank you for your help. Still having a hard time finding a BMS that is 20 amps 4S. So if you happen to stumble on any, post a link. It seems like most of them are for bikes and RVs with higher voltage requirements. At least with some help from you folks, I think I can cobble something together that will work.

Bob

john61ct   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5641
Joined: Dec 18 2018 2:06pm

Re: building my first battery

Post by john61ct » Mar 24 2020 10:43pm


parrst wrote:Thank you for your help. Still having a hard time finding a BMS that is 20 amps 4S
You do realize that 25A, 30A, 80A and higher are fine right?

Looking not just on eBay and Amazon but Banggood and AliExpress?

Searched for the threads I mentioned not just on the marine forums but Endless-Sphere and RCgroups

and by the specific device names

using the site: keyword?



parrst   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 13
Joined: Mar 23 2020 5:32pm

Re: building my first battery

Post by parrst » Mar 25 2020 7:59am

john61ct wrote:
Mar 24 2020 10:43pm
parrst wrote:Thank you for your help. Still having a hard time finding a BMS that is 20 amps 4S
You do realize that 25A, 30A, 80A and higher are fine right?

Looking not just on eBay and Amazon but Banggood and AliExpress?

Searched for the threads I mentioned not just on the marine forums but Endless-Sphere and RCgroups

and by the specific device names

using the site: keyword?
I will check your links when I have some time. I have been looking with Google, so not just Amazon or Ebay. Problem I have found with some sites is they don't give all the specs such as over voltage cutoff or low voltage cutoff. And I know I can go with a larger current BMS, but what I was finding that was adjustable or in the range I want for 4S was lower than 20 amps.

Thanks again for the assistance. I will dig deeper with your links and the info you provided.

Bob


Post Reply